Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We encourage as many organisations/groups as possible to join the Wyre Community Lottery as one of the eligible good causes. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005), we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide local community activities or services within the borough which benefit Wyre residents
- Have a formal constitution or a governing document
- Have a bank account with at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A voluntary and community constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year) or
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees, or
- A registered Social Enterprise Community Interest Company (CIC) operating on a not-for-profit basis. (You may be asked to produce copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report).
*You will be asked to commit to using the marketing material templates provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided a page on the site.
We will not permit applications from:
- A campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of local community activities or services within Wyre
- Groups using the funding to promote a particular religious, faith or political belief or activity
- Organisations that do not do work within the council boundaries of Wyre
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
- Private membership based sports clubs, unless membership is open to the general public without restriction e.g. not membership by nomination organisations.
- Schools and educational establishments unless outside of their core offer where it clearly benefits the wider community e.g. PTA projects
The Council reserves the right to:
- Reject any application for any reason; and
- Terminate the participation of any organisation/group with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason, unless fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected in which case termination will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Wyre Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Wyre Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials provided digitally in a range of formats